Saturday, May 3

Play it up!

How awesome it is to be able to go to the beach, and see dolphins playing and swimming! The ones we see are the spinner dolphins, they jump up and spin - some of them have quite the vertical. You are able to swim out with them, but we haven't had the chance yet, but I am sure we will before too long. They come to a very secluded beach to hunt for food and frolic!

This is the first year that I have seen sea turtles... they just kinda poke their heads up as you swim around. Heavenly Father loves us so!

Another first for us this year, we were able to see quite a few whales around our side of the island of Oahu. It is great to see them flapping their tales and their fins.

We will miss this beautiful playground... good thing we have a couple more years to play, play, and play some more!

1 comment:

Kara said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hawaii! I went swimming with the dolphins while I was there. We used to camp over on the West Side and wake up in the morning and go swimming with hundreds of dolphins. I was probably within 10 feet of them in the water. It was awesome! The same thing with turtles. The best place I snorkled at was at Shark's Cove on North Shore. Good turtle spotting there. I caught glimpses of Whales too, that was pretty awesome too. Oh, I want to come visit!