
The best way to feel the spirit and fall asleep at night! I love reading the scriptures. Its seems many of the verses in Alma pertain to me during this phase of my life.. who knew?! :-) They are also a great way to be able to relax enough to fall asleep at night! Heavenly Father thought of everything! :-)

Never under-estimate the power of a well stocked goody jar! It works wonders for almost anything. We all need a little reward sometimes! Yummy!
A good family game gets you through many looonnnggg nights, I was always sure bedtime should have been much sooner!
So I really do not like McDonalds... but when your kitchen looks like this for the umpteenth time this week... it is a much needed fix! This Big n' Tasty never tasted so good! I really miss my sweetheart. He doesn't do much cleaning around the house, but he does help out when he can see its been a long day and the kitchen still looks like this. I love that man!


This is why you have a playroom... if you didn't the whole house would look like this... from morning till night. Can you tell we just cleaned it this morning! Fun times!

Family projects are always fun. Stephen bought this to take on the boat with him for some midway race... but he forgot it. So the boys have been eyeing it ever since. So, I gave in... and we started the pine wood derby car. I cut the pieces and the boys are busy sanding. They have a bit more to go, but then we can paint it. I love things that help the time go by!


I love Hooked on Phonics. Since I am a home schooler... I was a bit nervous on "how" to teach reading. I finally decided to get HOP and am so thankful. Even if you are not home schooling.. this really helps to brake it down. My kids have done really well with it!
Some of our favorite school/learning activities are the ones we make up. I was trying to teach my kids how to read a ruler and measure things. I ofcourse could not find a ruler, a tapemeasure or any other measuring device on the day it was needed. So we created our own with masking tape on the floor. Before I knew it they had half the house in there hands ready to be measured. They measured things for about an hour... and they are still bringing things to be measured 2 days later. They found out that magnetic magnets are 1 inch long.. so now they are seeing how many magnets it takes. It is so fun to watch them learn!
3 comments:
I love all your posts! I love your new music, and especially "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On"! That's one of my favorite oldies! Once again, you are amazing with all that you do!
I love the new facelift that you gave your blog! You'll have to show me a thing or two when you come down to visit! I am also a fan of HOP. I can just check it out from the library here, which makes it nice. Thanks for keeping us all posted about the goings-ons for you guys in Hawaii! We love it! Have a fabulous Friday and a Marvelous Mother's Day!
Funny you mentioned the sunflower, I always think of you when I see them- still after all this time. Keep being the Sunny we all love!
Post a Comment