We left Las Vegas, Nevada on June 10, and the kids and I drove across to Ignacio, Colorado. That was an interesting drive... a 8-9 hour trip easily turns into 12-13 hours when traveling alone. The kids actually did pretty good... except Kailea, she was DONE 2 hours in. We were in trouble. So I pulled over in Flagstaff and went to the super Wal-Mart... found a smokin' deal on a portable DVD player ($50!) and let them each pick a $5 movie. I just love Wal-Mart! It saved the trip. She still cried a bit, but for the most part she was interested in the movies.
For the first two weeks, my sister Tessa and I were able to attend a 3's Queen of Court volleyball tournament. The first week, we were sure we should not be there... we totally needed some extreme training. We did not give up though... we stuck with it and by the second week we did ok. No matter what... It was a blast. I had tons of fun to throwing my body to the ground to get THAT ball! I LOVE volleyball!
For the next couple weeks, we spent time on the farm with my mom; chillin' with Tessa and kids and playing at the park. And I took the kids horseback riding a couple times. All in all a great beginning to our stay in Colorado. (I am terrible about actually taking pictures, so they are kinda speratic!)
Thursday, August 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment