Friday, March 21

Reading

Treston has known his ABC's and all their sounds for quite some time.. but when I would ask him if he was ready to learn how to read; he would simply say, "I am only 4, I am not old enough to read." And that was that. So I told him that when he turns 5 he has no excuse! So the morning of his birthday, he woke up so excited, came running down stairs proclaiming, " I am 5, I can read now!" He was so excited. He was able to sound out quite a few words that first day. Since then we have been working on his HOP books. He has really picked it up quick.


The other day, Kailea, came and grabbed his hand, "Treston, read book, please!" Treston turned to me with a huge smile, and said, "She really likes me." He told her, " I can't read all the words, but I will look at the pictures with you too!" She giggled and led him to her rocking chair. It was just so sweet, I had to take a few pictures.


Since then, Treston has read many HOP books to us. Aiden and Kailea just love it. I think it is just awesome! I am so proud of him!

I LOVE MY KIDS!

2 comments:

Kara said...

That's so sweet! I am glad you got your camera up and running again so you can update us on your cute kids. Kailea just has the cutest smile with those dimples! Your boys are so cute too! When are you guys coming to Vegas to visit? I would LOVE to see you guys again! Where will you be going when you leave Hawaii? I need to come visit you before you move!

Crista said...

Brandi, this is so tender! Come back to this page again and again when things get tough. I remember getting Seth up one morning and saying, "Oh, he's so cute! I'm so glad I didn't kill him last night!" :)